We love our customers and what they stand for. Here’s an interview with July’s featured customer MaryAlecia Briggs.
1) What do you like best about Katie Miranda Arabic calligraphy jewelry ?
I love Katie’s jewelry because of the beautiful and universal meaning behind the words she inscribes on her pieces: faith, freedom, peace. And the calligraphy is simply stunning!
2) What pieces do you have ?
I have the Iman Ring and the I Love You necklace.
3) What’s the perfect occasion to wear your jewelry ?
I really enjoy wearing my necklace and ring every single day for both work and leisure.
4) What’s the best compliment you’ve received about your jewelry ?
My Arabic teacher actually got a little teary-eyed when she saw my necklace, which says “I love you”. My husband gave it to me for Valentine’s Day!
5) How are you making the world a better place ?
I’ve been learning about Black Lives Matter and how racism affects my friends and neighbors. And then changing some of my behaviors to be more inclusive and sensitive to people of color!
6) Have you ever used Katie Miranda Arabic calligraphy jewelry to start a conversation on how to make the world a better place ?
People have often asked about my necklace and what it says. I use those questions as a jumping off point to talk about my time in Palestine and the struggle for freedom from oppression there!